The award-winning Sheffield United Community Foundation (Charity no. 1126620)is a charity working in the areas of Sports Participation, Education & Training, Health & Wellbeing and Community Cohesion.
The Foundations key aim is to build links between the football club and the community using the appeal of football and sport in general. Sport is a highly motivational tool and can encourage, motivate and inspire individuals regardless of background to achieve their potential.
The Community programmes are aimed at strengthening self-esteem, developing personal skills, promoting healthy behaviours and lifestyles, and in doing so improve academic achievement, enhance employability and increase the feeling of self-worth and wellbeing.
We are currently seeking to recruit two experienced professionals to the role of Trustee. Applications are invited from individuals who are able to offer time and expertise to support the existing Trustee members.
Please note that this position is voluntary.
Successful applicants will require:
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and responsibilities of trusteeship
- A commitment to assist in the development of Sheffield United Community Foundation and its charitable objectives in the city
- Vision, good independent judgement and willingness to challenge as and when appropriate
- An understanding of how the Foundation can play an active and positive part in local people’s lives
- As a minimum, be available to attend quarterly Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting. However, it is preferred that the appointed Trustee would also be able to attend other meetings and events where appropriate, such as graduation and celebration events.
In addition, specific expertise in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Experience and/or knowledge in the Health & Wellbeing sector
- Experience and/or knowledge in the Education & Training sector
- Experience and/or knowledge in the wider South Yorkshire Business Sector
- Previous/current experience within a charitable sector
The current Trustees are very keen to ensure that the make-up of the Board is reflective of the wider community in the city. As such, applications from all backgrounds and areas of the community are encouraged.
How to apply:
Please send a current CV along with a covering letter by email to Chris Bailey, Head of Foundation: Chris.email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Thursday 31stJanuary 2019. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an informal discussion with other Trustees at a convenient time.