Sheffield United Community Foundation is excited to announce the rebrand of our Education and Employability department. As the department has developed and progressed into offering a diverse range of programmes, it was necessary to establish an overarching name that could encompass all that we offer and what we aim to do during the Foundation’s new 2022-25 strategy.
The newly named Sheffield Community College will be offering the following Education & Employability programmes from September 2022:
- BTEC Sport Level 2 & 3 Football pathway in partnership with Sheffield College
- BTEC Sport Level 2 & 3 Fitness pathway in partnership with Sheffield College
- BTEC Sport Level 2 & 3 Women’s Sport & Fitness pathway with Sheffield College
- BTEC Esports Level 3 in partnership with Barnsley College
- Accredited provider of Active IQ Fitness and Nutrition qualifications
- Foundation Degree in Coaching in partnership with University of South Wales
- Employability Traineeships in partnership with Barnsley College
- Street Soccer Employability projects in partnership with Street Soccer Foundation
- PL Inspires in partnership with Premier League Charitable Fund
The rebrand will help raise awareness in the community of the fantastic offers we can provide to a diverse audience within the city of Sheffield. Amongst the existing and new courses we will offer there will now be multiple enrichment/work placement opportunities for learners on our programmes. Ranging from Coaching, Fitness, Esports, Graphic Design, Retail, Grounds staff, Admin, Football and many more.
Joe Williamson – Acting Senior Manager – Education and Employability
“When I first joined the Foundation in 2018 the majority of our programmes were focused around Football, whether that was traineeship placements, our Education enrichment or the degree programme. Over time we have outgrown the Football & Education Academy of previous years and in line with our new Foundation wide strategy being released later this year it was the perfect opportunity to rebrand to Sheffield United Community College to demonstrate just how much more than Football we really are.”
“Rebranding to Sheffield United Community College will allow a wider audience to aspire to be a part of not just a great club, but a fantastic Community College whether you love Football or not. We will continue to deliver across various hubs within Sheffield to maintain realistic travel times for our learners and to give them access to some of the best facilities within the city. Our focus now will be to continue to offer a fantastic experience to our learners (98% of learners would recommend our courses to a friend), but to also grow our network of partners and courses we offer over the coming years. Our Sheffield United Community College 2023-24 prospectus will be launched in September 2022.”